From:
Robert Prickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:49:47 GMT
Have a 3.2WD which was loaded with EZdrive for some reason.  Also had
4 partitions which I deleted, preferring two at 2gb and 1.2gb

However, killing EZ has become a real adventure.  After the usual
fdisk and format, the first segments of C: take forever to scan, the
hard drive clicks and the format is slow.  Called WD and tekkie said
that EZ must be removed.  His instructions were surprisingly conplex
for what should be simple, and like a fool, I didn't note them
exactly.  I **think** he wanted me to enter CMOS, remove the LBA
status, boot to a disk, and then the EZ disk.  Removed EZ per the
utilities, reboot again, and reset the CMOS, with shutdowns in
between.  Anyway, that was the gist of it, but nothing helps.

He agreed the intial burps and clicks on scandisk was the EZ trying to
do it's magic...or something.

Anyone have experience with this?

thanks
My Windows 95 Crisis Center
http://home.earthlink.net/~robertpr
[don't forget the ~ tilde that earthlink uses]

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]