From:
fred hahnel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:23:38 -0500
I own an Aptiva.  What you are talking about is called "Rapid Resume" and can be
disabled in the setup screen for the computer.  Press F1 when the square comes up
in the right side.   I'm not at my computer now and can
't tell you exactly what part of the setup to change.   I disabled this "feature"
long ago because it would never initialize my modem properly and I'd have to reboot
anyway.

Fred Hahnel