I'll briefly share my experience with chocolate.
I used to love the stuff.
After about a year of cutting out most cooked foods, I ate a wedge of
chocolate (it was very expensive german dark chocolate, my grandmother
offered it to me and I said what the hell).
Although I can't exactly say it made me crazy, I did notice that:
1) I had a very minor allergic reaction, it made my throat feel very
scratchy until I drank some liquid
2) it really seemed to irritate my nerves, it made me feel uneasy after
about 5 min.
3) after about 15-20 min. of feeling nervous and hyperactive, I noticed a
very big "crash," which in my inexperience I interpret to be a big drop in
My conclusion was the same. Chocolate tastes great, but unfortunately my
body seems to not get along well with it.