RAW-FOOD  April 1998

RAW-FOOD April 1998

Re: how to kill a movement

AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:38:33 EDT

<< Just off the top of my head - there could be groups started all over, a
 network of newsletters, area and regional and national and international
 conferences, workshops, coalition-building among all the competing /
 cooperating splinter groups  you referred to, having celebrations
(important),
 better organization of making speakers available everywhere, bringing
together
 the various leaders to build on each others efforts, making use of the
 internet as the incrediblely useful tool that it is, giving it more of a
 'face' with slogans (sounds stupid but every movement I've ever known about
 has made use of slogans as a powerful tool) and images and icons and T-shirts
 and posters and stuff (I hope I don't get slaughtered here for these
 suggestions - this is feeling a little like suggesting that Catholics or
 Buddhists make bumper stickers with catchy slogans). >>

Liza,

YES!!!

I have had all of these same ideas for quite some time, and am currently
working on a web-site designed to be a free on-line University full of
information on diet, raw diets, anthropology, primatology, and any other
related topic.  You and anyone else are encouraged too, and can freely make
submissions (like your articles on B-12, B-12 in sea weed, menstruation),
subject to my approval of course.

I want a variety of perspectives, so people can view reality from many
perspectives, and not just one which might be blinded by belief.

Those who submit articles will become, essentially, the faculty of this free
online university.  The site is called Global RAW (not ready for show, yet).
It's future is unknown, though my goal is to have one place on the internet
where people can learn as much as possible, unbiased, even if raw baby squid
are recommended, so that they can develop their own optimal diet, where the
!Kung of Africa and the Eskimoes can feel at home with the aspiring vegans
(who need support to keep them from being malnourished).

The site advocates NO particular diet, and encourages independent development
of diet.

The site will be designed to cut through any zealotry, beliefs, etc.,
regarding what is the 'true human diet', and will point out that humans do
quite well eating a variety of foods, and usually ONLY do well when they eat a
variety of foods.  Variety being the spice of LIFE, they say!

I want the site to protect people from falling into beliefs which do not exist
in alignment with reality.

I think the idea behind a raw-food movement, rather than a health movement, is
to raise awareness of the importance, and naturalness of eating RAW foods
(plant/animal/fish/etc.). People need to understand what they are doing when
they cook what's already been prepared by nature, because right now people
just repeat routine, quite unconsciously.

People need to think and learn to sprout garbanzo beans instead of boiling
them, or that raw almonds are just as tasty as roasted, salted ones.

RAW CONSCIOUSNESS needs to be raised, IMO, not just health consciouness,
because people might think lo-fat doritos are healthy!  HEALTH is being
misused by marketing people.  RAW cannot be, it's meaning already understood
to mean, uncooked, natural, etc.  Health can mean anything...

Soon drug commercials on television will show people trudging through the
amazon, talking to the native shamans, then foraging for and finding a
beautiful flowering plant, (here Indiana Jones and half-naked/torn shirt
female scientist drink it's nectar, then feed it to kid on Indiana's back),
and then (switch) suddenly to Mom feeding her child Kilzan for epilepsy (note:
side effects are common, and seizures and kidney failure may result, ask your
doctor if Kilzan is right for you).  Kilzan, the healthy choice for epilepsy!
(then singing, GE we bring good things to LIFE!)

I WANT a RAW movement so people don't take all their beautiful organic home-
grown tomatoes and boil them all!  People need to know about enzymes, LIFE,
RAW, as words, what they mean, so they don't just think about proteins, and
carbs, and fats.  They need to know the difference between raw fat, and cooked
fat, so they don't deprive themselves of fat and develop neurological
disorders.   Kids need to learn this in schools!, and how animals live off of
LIVING FOOD.  People need to realize that they're ALIVE! and gravitate towards
and recognize LIFE!  It's hard to notice LIFE when people are indoors all day,
and the walls and the floors often show no sign of their natural origins, and
outside, is considered a brief moment spent between buildings.

(whew)

You get my idea...

Ok, I'm done.

Aaron