LISTSERV mailing list manager LISTSERV 16.5

Help for RAW-FOOD Archives

   

RAW-FOOD Archives

RAW-FOOD Archives


RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG


View:

Message:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

Font:

Proportional Font

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

RAW-FOOD Home

RAW-FOOD Home

RAW-FOOD  August 1997

RAW-FOOD August 1997

Subject:

Re: Aging

From:

Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>

Date:

Wed, 13 Aug 1997 17:33:29 -0400

Content-Type:

text/plain

Parts/Attachments:

Parts/Attachments

text/plain (60 lines)

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Jean-Louis Tu wrote:
> BTW, you have seen the picture of G. C. Burger, after 33 years raw:
> his skin looks exactly as the skin of a man of his age [and my uncle,
> who eats 90% cooked and has the same age, has a smoother skin]. I can
> hear your argument coming "but at the 10th generation..."; however,
> if the 10th generation instincto lived 1000 years, I would expect SOME
> improvement for someone who has practiced 33 years!

Well, maybe Burger [skin] will look like a "33" for the remaining 967
years of his life then...

Heck, maybe it'll look like a "200" for the [then] remaining 800 years of
his life...

Hmmm.. while I'm at it, why not make it a "20" when he's 999 and a year
away from his death?  <Hey! who says instinctos' skin doesn't get
"better" with time?>

> Maybe eating raw can help to limit cell division, because, as you
> are healthier, and your organs, circulation, etc function correctly,
> there is no need for extra effort from the cells, there is no extra
> damage. But on the other hand, there have been many healthy people
> living on earth until late age, who nevertheless died before 120.

Obviously, they weren't healthy enough then..

> Maybe [and that's my personal comment] calorie restriction can increase
> maximum lifespan, because as metabolism slows down, cells divide less
> quickly. Or, perhaps, as the body contains less cells (emaciation),
> there are less cells to renew per unit of time. But all of that
> can only have a limited effect, far from a tenfold multiplication.

Very interesting "personal comment."

> Nature doesn't care about keeping you alive once you have reproduced
> and raised your children. On the evolutionary point of view, living
> 120 or 1200 years don't make any difference. I admit that it's not
> a powerful argument, though.

I admit so too.

> There is a great deal of uncertainty about that. The figures that
> Ward Nicholson gave were very different.
> I think, as I mentioned in a previous post, that observing current
> hunter-gatherer societies can give a good idea on the subject. And
> it is clear that no human population in the world has a life
> expectancy as high as in industrialized countries.

Hey! - you didn't say "not a powerful argument!"

>
> As for animals, no mammal I know lives more than about 1 century.
> If we consider than the length of life is proportional to the period
> prior to adulthood (which is 18 years for humans), and we observe
> chimpanzees and other close apes, we see that humans cannot expect much
> more than 120 years.

That's a great little equation, but so is Drake's.

Top of Message | Previous Page | Permalink

Advanced Options


Options

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password


Search Archives

Search Archives


Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe


Archives

August 2011
January 2009
April 2007
February 2007
January 2007
December 2006
November 2006
September 2006
August 2006
July 2006
June 2006
January 2006
October 2005
September 2005
August 2005
July 2005
June 2005
May 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005
December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
August 2004
July 2004
June 2004
May 2004
April 2004
March 2004
January 2004
December 2003
November 2003
October 2003
September 2003
August 2003
July 2003
June 2003
May 2003
April 2003
March 2003
February 2003
January 2003
December 2002
November 2002
October 2002
July 2002
June 2002
May 2002
April 2002
March 2002
February 2002
January 2002
December 2001
November 2001
October 2001
September 2001
August 2001
July 2001
June 2001
May 2001
April 2001
March 2001
February 2001
January 2001
December 2000
November 2000
October 2000
September 2000
August 2000
July 2000
June 2000
May 2000
April 2000
March 2000
February 2000
January 2000
December 1999
November 1999
October 1999
September 1999
August 1999
July 1999
June 1999
May 1999
April 1999
March 1999
February 1999
January 1999
December 1998
November 1998
October 1998
September 1998
August 1998
July 1998
June 1998
May 1998
April 1998
March 1998
February 1998
January 1998
December 1997
November 1997
October 1997
September 1997
August 1997
July 1997
June 1997
May 1997
April 1997
March 1997
February 1997
January 1997
December 1996
November 1996
October 1996
September 1996
August 1996
July 1996
June 1996
May 1996
April 1996
March 1996
February 1996
January 1996
October 1995
September 1995
August 1995
July 1995
June 1995
May 1995

ATOM RSS1 RSS2



LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Secured by F-Secure Anti-Virus CataList Email List Search Powered by the LISTSERV Email List Manager