RAW-FOOD  April 1997

RAW-FOOD April 1997

Orkos

Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 2 Apr 1997 00:39:37 +0200 (MET DST)

One of the main concerns of instinctos (and many crudivorists) is the
denaturation of food, even those qualified as "organic". Grains are often
dried at high temperature, even the sproutable ones; same thing for
nuts (see also an excellent article by Tom Billings about heat treatments
on nuts); fruits are dried at high temperature and mixed with oil, so that
they don't stick together. Dates are steamed to eliminate parasites (little
worms). Moreover, the "Deglet Noor" is an excessively selected variety,
which has no clear taste change [No wonder I consumed so much; but now,
after maybe 40 kg passed through my digestive system, they finally became
much less pleasant...]

One also has to be cautious that the instinct is not necessarily efficient
with "ordinary" organic meat. I discovered that after 5 meals, each
consisting of 1 (fresh) chicken and 4 artichokes [my God, will I
perpetually be the slave of new addictions after getting rid of old ones?].
Indeed, chickens which are fed with cooked grains (or even with grains dried
at high temperature) tend to eat more, and thus are fattier than those
which are fed with raw grains.

Many failures of instinctos are due to two factors:
 -lack of pleasure due to artificial selection, denaturation, and lack of
variety,
 -unefficient instinctive stop, mainly due to heat denaturation.

The usual consequences are overeating, and unbalanced diet. Thus, the
aim of Orkos is to find the best quality foods, the least selected
varieties, that don't receive any kind of treatment.

Classic questions about Orkos and classic answers:

Q: Orkos products are very expensive. Can instincto be practiced only by
rich people?

A: With the high pleasure you get, you don't need to eat a lot. Also,
think about the money you save on electricity, ovens, and health. Moreover,
health is priceless.

Q: Exotic fruits are sent by plane. What do you think about air pollution
and other problems related with environment?

A: Some persons say that we should eat only what grows in the country we
live. But man is probably not adapted to living in Norway. Of course, it
would be better if everyone cultivated fruits in his own garden, but it is
not the case.

Q: Animals do not get such a variety of food, coming from all over the
world.

A: To heal from a disease, it is important to have the most perfect diet.
The other reason is that with all the conditioning during childhood and
social pressures, instincto is not easy to sustain.

Q: Don't you think it is a kind of vice, always seeking more perfection,
higher quality, the most rare exotic fruits?