RAW-FOOD  January 1996

RAW-FOOD January 1996

veg-raw: Brian Clement Workshop - Notes

Mon, 29 Jan 1996 08:33:06 -0800

Brian Clement Workshop - Notes

Brian Clement, head of the Hippocrates Health Institute in West Palm Beach,
Florida, gave a 2 hour workshop titled "Living Foods and Health" at the San
Francisco Whole Life Expo, Explorations in Natural Healing, on Saturday, 21
October, 1995. Below are my notes from the workshop.  Contact addresses
and my comments are given after the notes.

Notes:

We don't talk about nutrition - vitamins, or even the most important area -
enzymes and oxygen. Today we speak about hormones, as they relate to the
function of the entire body, and the mind <--> cell connection. Today we are
seeing more young people coming to our programs with disease.

To illustrate the importance of hormones: 20 years ago, young women began
menstruating at about 12.5 years of age; today it begins at 9.5 years! He
then discussed the link between eating meat and prostate cancer. He claims
that nearly all men (80%) will get prostate cancer if they live long enough
(over 70 years).

Your great grandparents ate food from their own gardens; these foods were
hormonally rich. The new most important element in food is hormone content.
Hormones in food? Lots!  There are hormones in meat and dairy. These are
all female hormones, which is bad for men and women also.

Chemicals in the environment. These chemicals create estrogens when assimilated
in the body. Synthetic fabrics, carpets, etc. do this as well. Living foods help
the body remove excess hormones. You can stop eating bad food, but our polluted
technological environment still creates estrogens.

Abundant lifestyle. You must connect your self to the "primal cell" or the
planet to overcome the problems of our technological society and lifestyle.
In terms of their overall importance,  we have:
nutrition < enzymes, oxygen < hormones
and hormones control the physical body, mind, and spirit.   (* see comment 1)

Nutrition. We want foods with the most energy in them. Enzymes are the manifest
form of energy. The only source of energy is to eat raw food. To have enzymes,
food must be heated below 115 degrees F. You can heat raw, living foods if you
find it comfortable.   (* see comment 2)

Consumption of living foods is on a weight basis. We suggest 80% raw, 20%
cooked, by weight  (not by volume or caloric value). An illustration. If you
drink 2, 16-ounce glasses of raw veg/sprout juice per day, and eat 2 large
salads per day (0.25-0.5 pounds per salad), you can eat 0.25-0.5 pounds
of cooked food at each meal.

If you have a disease that challenges your physiology, 95-100% raw is suggested,
for 18 months. It's OK then to eat a very small amount of cooked food, on
occasion.

Oxygen factor. If you eat the food right off the plant, you get all the oxygen.
If it sits or gets juiced, you lose the oxygen. Juice must be fresh - made
immediately before drinking (no refrigerated juice). Freshness is important
with hormones also. Hormones are the "mind" or "memory" of the plant.

Brian's diet is 50% by weight sprouts. The interpersonal relationship that you
conduct with your food is most important. You can see this with sprouts, as
they won't grow for negative people.

What is spirit? Does it need to be anything? Spirit it believing. Learn to
surrender. We live in a matter based society, with racism and sexism, other
negatives. For this we live in a state of disbelief. To avoid this, you must
learn to surrender, to believe. Develop consciousness, to find yourself.
(* see comment 3). We don't understand our birthright; we can achieve the
un-achievable.

Questions:

Q: Do you drink the foam on your juices?