BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 19:29:14 -0500

> While my concern for archival integrity is clearly no match for my
>  esteemed colleagues, I do not wish to appear the TechnoWeenie and will
>  strive to forward my preservasionary meanderings to the proper cyber
>  receptical.

Archival Maintenance: My consideration is that we should lift the lid when it
gets rank and drop a dolop of lime putty in and listen to the fizz. I
understand the stuff has an infinite shelf life. Reminds me of when I used to
suck on fizzies while hitchiking in order to overwhelm the hunger pangs. If I
got picked up by someone strange all I had to do was open my mouth and drool.
I guess some habits never change.

One time I was hitching down Rt 81 to Florida and these two guys in a black
car picked me up. I sat in the back next to a couple of cases of beer. The
were going about 90 and swerving a bit. Chattering away the whole time. I
could not understand anything they were saying. After a half hour, and 40-50
blurred miles, I figured out 1) they were offering me a beer and 2) they were
from West Virginia and had just gone AWOL. Then my mind is a blank. Must be
one of those lost time episodes you hear about on TV.

Then there is the incident in which I used a picture of Jesus with a crown of
thorns as my ID with the Texas trooper. Texas has always been a fascinating
place.

][<en Follett