From:
Robert Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 21:54:17 -0600
Mike,

The easiest way to determine if the SIMMs are bad is to pull them
out. If the computer completes POST without the memory in,
replace the memory. If it does not, replace the mb. There are
some diagnostic cards like the R.A.C.E.R. that will test some
extended memory - the version I have is limited to the first 16M
- this is good to determine which module is bad. Unfortunately,
most computers now have SIMMs or DIMMs that are larger than
16....

Robert Miller
ICQ6995391
http://members.xoom.com/w_e_coyote

> The award bios gave a 14 code at startup.  The machine simply
> goes into =
> a continual short beep mode.  I looked up the code 14 for award
> bios and =
> it is a Refresh Test code.
>
> replace the Ram, however I don't have some readily available
and
> am =
> looking for some probable answers before buying either a new =
> motherboard, or some new Ram.

                         Need help with PCBUILD:
                [log in to unmask]  or  http://nospin.com