Skip repetitive navigational links
'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Previous More Hitsmessage'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Next message'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Previous More Hitsin topic'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Next in topic'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Previous More Hitsby same author'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Next by same author'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Previous page (March 2006)'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Back to main PCSOFT page'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Subscribe or Unsubscribe to PCSOFT'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Reply'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Post a new message'; return true" onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true") >Search >Proportional font >Non-proportional fontLog in

Re: lost images in thumbnail view

Steve Polatas <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:49:43 -0500

Donna,

Could it be that you ran the following command to keep your computer
safe from the WMF exploit security hole that was discovered a few weeks
ago?

regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll

Unregistering this DLL was a protected measure that was recommended as a
stopgap measure in anticipation of Microsoft issuing a fix for the
exploit.

If you did, you can undo it by running this:

regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

I would only undo this change if you have installed all of the latest
security patches from Microsoft that addressed the exploit.

If you're patched, reregistering the DLL is safe.

Steve Polatas