Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 10:15:44 +0000
> On  3 Feb 98 at 2:18, Bill Cohane wrote:
>
> > It's available for download from
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/info/otherutils.htm
>
>   I was visiting this area of Microsoft's site last night, and
> something they've done causes Internet Explorer 3.01 to crash after
> visiting 4 or 5 of their pages.  Get in, download the file, and get
> out.
>
> David G

The memory-bleeding bug in MSIE3.x will cause your resources to
trickle out while you are at a site with streaming encryption. I
suspect the MS site you were visiting does have that. There are no
patches for that memory-bleed bug, because MS provides MSIE 4.x, in
which the prob has been fixed. I can't think of a reason for you
*not* to get 4.x-- if you don't want to download the big version,
don't; if you don't want to install Active Desktop, don't. But get
4.x so you can stop worrying about streaming encryption sites (and
there are lots of them).

Martha Knight
Sound Ideas