From:
Bob Hamil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:22:27 -0500
I recently bought a used IBM Thinkpad 560 which I have difficulty
reading the LCD screen (DSTN) during bright days. I've had other laptops
so this isn't unusual to me, I simply would use an external VGA monitor.
But the monitor I am using, shows multiple images (ovetlapping,
side-by-side) with this machine, which is SVGA. I think it should be
backward compatible, but have been unable to correct things. I access
the
configs through a Thinkpad Features program, but none of the choices
there change
anything. The program seems simplistic, as there aren't many of the
parameters that I
see on most config setups. The choice that seems obvious (640x480) is
grayed out,
and won't change. I have a flash bios upgrade, but am hesitant to apply
it because of
other problems, and the difficult working conditions. (I'm writing this
with a dark shirt
draped over my head and the LCD screen.) Any ideas anyone? Thank you
--
Bob Hamil
E-mail - [log in to unmask]  &

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]