From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:22:19 -0500
From: "Anna Kihrani"
> I feel happy every time I eat a hamburger or three (from grass-
> fed beef, of course),

By USDA definition all hamburger is from grass-fed beef - though that
labeled ground beef is not.  Hamburger, typically served in fast-food
joints, is from cattle (usually imported)that is taken directly from pasture
to slaughter house.  There it is ground and extra fat from the belly
deposits of grain-fed cattle are added to make it fat enough to make
patties.  Ground beef is meat from grain-fed cattle and needs only the fat
from the same cattle to make patties.

Although hamburger is higher than ground beef in omega-3 fatty acids, I
would still recommend one takes a few cents worth of fish oil when eating
those 99 cent wonders ( hold the bun) at McDonalds.  It's not as good as the
wonderful grass-fed stuff (available via click-through at my site ;)), but
it's well within the student budget ( and the lowest profit margin item in
the joint).

If Austin, Texas had not had so many pecan trees I would have starved in
college.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com