CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS Archives

July 2004

CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Jasso <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cloaks-and-Daggers Open Discussion of Intelligence (Academic)
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:58:18 -0500
>From: Peter Feldmann <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:16:27 -0700
>
>On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:57:35 -0700, palmer wrote:

> >Ann,
> >
> >Thank you.  I have emailed Dr. Haldon.
> >I have my fingers crossed that he will
> >put my search to an end.
> >
> >Jack Morris
> >

>Jack,
>
>In any event, do let us know what you find.  "Dept. Of Barbarians"?
>I'm intrigued.
>
>__Peter Feldmann

Not really a bad name all things considered.  The Byzantine Empire was
really the last great Greek Imperial existence.  For the Greeks anyone who
was not Greek or spoke Greek were considered Barbarians.  This was to
illustrate the language of all else that did not speak the lovely and
beautiful Greek tong.  "Bar bar bar bar" is what all other languages sounded
to them.  So I would take a guess that the "Dept. of Barbarians" is the
group of people who knew all about those outside the then Byzantine Empire.

Anthony Jasso - Student-at-Large

a trip to NY