Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 11:08:19 -0500

On 2/7/1998 Margaret Dixon wrote:

>There is a way to install OSR2 over
>Win95A. You can visit Sean Erwin's excellent site about OSR2 and he lists
>2-3 ways to do this. The link is:
>
>http://www.compuclinic.com/osr2faq/index.html#upgrade

I have paged over to the Computer Clinic website recommended by
Tim and Margaret, i.e.:

    http://www.compuclinic.com/osr2faq/index.html#upgrade

There is listed many FAQ regarding Win95 OSR2, including
4 or 5 ways of converting a Win95a installation to OSR2.

The conversion which looks most promising to me is attached
below. Looking forward to trying it .

Thanks to Tim and Margaret.

John Chin

Method 2: (courtesy Tom Porterfield)

This method is more difficult than method 1, but is preferable in that it
tells the setup.exe to
perform an upgrade installation. This method can only be used if you have
your OEM
number from you certificate of authenticity on your manual (format:
XXXXX-OEM-XXXXXXX-XXXXX): you will be prompted for this during installation.

1) Start up the OSR2 setup as normal, from within Windows95.

2) When you are presented with the License Agreement dialog box, stop.
Don't click anything yet.  Resist the urge to click "Next."  Just stop!

3)Open Start Menu (CNTRL + ESC) and click "Run."  Type "Notepad" and click
"OK".

4) Open the file "setuppp.inf" in the directory WININST0.400.  This
directory and its associated files were created by the OSR2 setup program.

5) Find the line in the file with the text "[data]".  Add the
following line after it: "OEMUP=1".  The text should look as follows:

[data]
OEMUP=1

6) Save the file and exit Notepad.

7) Switch back to the OSR2 setup (using Alt+Tab) and continue with OSR2
installation.

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]