CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS Archives

April 2001

CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Birdsey, David M" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cloaks-and-Daggers Open Discussion of Intelligence (Academic)
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:49:19 -0400
In my opinion, it seems fairly clear that for whatever reason, Israel
attacked the ship with intent.  I do not find it plausible that info from
the Liberty was being passed to Egypt, primarily because it makes no sense
in furtehring national interest as defined at the time.  Which of course, is
not to say everything a government does makes sense, but usually there is
usually some rational reason at least for the nonsensical policy, program,
etc.  What national interest would have been served by passing info to Egypt
is beyond me, and the alleged sources referred to that claim to know (but
can't tell us, because then they'd have to kill us) I find at best
unreliable.