CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS Archives

April 2001

CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jack Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cloaks-and-Daggers Open Discussion of Intelligence (Academic)
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:45:24 -0700
Re: Susan's Comments

I, too, appreciate the coverage, now, more than
when I was young.  My current apprehension is that
they capture everything and, once in hand, are
stored forever.

My many years with government services in both the
United States and Australia reminds me that files
such as surveillance materials are used by more
disciplines than just those for whom they were
supposedly intended.  And the keepers of these
materials go to great lengths to maintain them with
the expected argument, "they may be useful in the
future." For them the future is forever.

I thank J. Compton for keeping us apprised of
media happenings.

JACK MORRIS
http://www.thepalmerpress.com/welcome.html

- - - - -