CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS Archives

April 2001

CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Cloaks-and-Daggers Open Discussion of Intelligence (Academic)
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:14:07 -0400
Hello,
I enjoyed Birdsey's assessment of Pollard as having a "Walter Mitty-esque
fantasy life and personal desire to "be somebody". But I have to suspect that he
was only truly unusual in the amount of data he handed over. I don't see how we
can deny a constant leakage of information to the Israelis from a wide range of
otherwise very reliable workers. They never did nail down the "Mega" mole in the
White House. There was one fellow that looked like the mole but no one could
ever pin him down.
Can anyone tell me if Robert Hanssen was working on Israeli spying in his last
year at the FBI counter intelligence unit.
Best wishes,
Barry O'Connell