RAW-FOOD  March 2001

RAW-FOOD March 2001

Re: Frutarian diets

Loren Lockman <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Mar 2001 21:20:07 EST

Dear Lara,

I spent six years eating a whole food diet (nothing processed) before going
raw.  I was about 50% raw then, and during that time, I was able to do a
significant amount of detoxing.

After going raw, I fasted quite a bit for the first several years, in fact I
still fast, on average, four or more weeks per year.

I feel pretty well detoxified, and great most of the time.  But I still live
near a city, breathe polluted air, don't always get enough sleep, and
occasionally eat commercial produce.  So I'm still taking in toxins, and
doubtless, producing them internally all the time.

I no longer experience any detox symptoms, though my sinuses will become
clogged very quickly if I eat too many nuts or seeds.

I don't worry at all about the difference between hybrid and wild fruits.
Most hybrid fruits are fine, and if eating bananas or grapes causes your
blood sugar to rise, you can simply avoid those foods.  You will find that
most fruit will not cause this to happen.

Cavities are most often caused by mixing fruit with other foods, as the
residue left on the teeth from other foods will often cause the sugars to
stick, and decay to form.

Avoid dried fruits, and eat fresh fruit by itself, rather than as dessert.  I
eat almost nothing but fruit, and get no cavities at all.

If you are eating chocolate and other refined sugars, you very well may have
a problem, as this stuff wreaks havoc on the body.  Natural sugars as found
in fruit are absolutely necessary, and are the body's primary fuel source.
It would be hard to overeat them.

Our taste buds are there for a reason, and are designed to inform of us what
to, and not to, eat.  Of all the things available to us in nature, what are
you most attracted to?  I can bet it's not broccoli, or seaweed, or dead
animals.  Most likely, as a frugivore, it's fruit.  Trust your instincts.

Namaste,

Loren