RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David R. Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 19:00:46 -0400 (EDT)
Hello everyone,

I am still working on getting some of the kinks out of the
mailing list, so please bear with me.

The question has been raised on how to reply to posts on veg-raw.
In order to make it easy to reply to a post and have the reply
be posted to all members of the list, the server will now place
"[log in to unmask]" as the Reply to message header, so that all
you have to do to followup on a post is reply to the article in question
in your mailer. Since the purpose of the list is for public discussion,
this appears to be a reasonable approach for most circumstances.

If, however, you would like to respond to post in private, and
not have your response sent to veg-raw, you can edit the Reply to
message header to contain the e-mail address of the poster. I will
try to include the e-mail address of the poster in the message
fronter (after headers, but before the actual message), so that
the individual poster's email address can be found. Your email
software can also usually be configured to include a signature
file, which can contain your email address if so desired. Nonetheless,
I would encourage followups to be posted to veg-raw whenever
possible, as many participants may be interested in the information
exchange.

On another issue, as we collect some information from participants,
it may be desirable to save some postings, or distill them into
faq-style files, and have these available as needed for reference.
My internet provider has allowed user ftp areas for anonymous ftp,
so I think for now, that we can take this approach, and save handy
references and gems from veg-raw and make them available for anon
ftp. I will be putting some of my html files (my page is still not
quite ready for prime time) which contain sources, book reviews, etc
in the ftp area shortly, so watch this space for more info. I welcome
any of your submissions for the ftp area as well.

Please feel free to make any suggestions on how to improve veg-raw,
and make it a valuable resource for everyone involved. I want this
to be a team effort, so, please, help me out in making the list a
success for all.

Best wishes and health,

David Mayne