From:
Cynthia Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 06:48:21 -0500
According to my BIOS manual, the DMI(Desktop Management Interface) is " a
standard for organizing system configuration information.)" It also goes on
to state that it(DMI) makes it easier to modify system configuration
information from remote locations so it sounds like something system
administrators would be interested in. I received a floppy disk along with
my motherboard that contains the DMI configuration utility for my
particular motherboard and the manual included instructions on how to use
it. It does have to be run in real mode and end users are encouraged not to
update DMI information. I did notice that when I added another drive to my
computer recently, the message "updating DMI information" appeared during
the boot up.

Cindy Pearce

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]