RAW-FOOD  May 2000

RAW-FOOD May 2000

Re: Human physiology, fat, and the brain

Stefan Jöst <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 May 2000 19:42:07 +0200

Hi Kirt,

nice to hear more from you.

You wrote:
>Isolated cases? Seems like way too many cases to be isolated to me,
>especially given the so-very-few instinctos there are. What gets me is how
>often these counter-examples are simply ignored and the instincto dogma
>marches on. So, I guess I take the opportunity to bring these
>counter-examples of instincto health up when the rose-colored glasses come
>on.

That's okay but if I had one wish free, I would ask you for bringing
not only the counter-examples but also the examples themselves,
especially your own experience which was 7 or 8 years, IIRC.

Kirt:
>And there are likely as many cases where the effects were temporary. Who
>knows? It's all self-reported second third and fourth-hand storytelling.
>(With a couple documented short-term remissions for any skeptics.)

Hm, "temporary" is a relative thing. If you extend it long enough you
might find 100% failing instinctos because they died finally! :-)

>Instincto is great.

May I print this out and hang it on my wall? :-)

>What bothers me is how it is oversold--so I will bring
>up counter-examples when it appears they are being glossed over or
ignored,
>as has just happened a couple of times lately.

I can see your concern. Okay - maybe I should bring the examples and
your
part would be the counter-examples. Like we have done it in the past
without making a devilish contract about it. ;-) :-)

>Smiley appreciated, but what that I have written makes you think my diet
is
>affecting me in a negative way? Indeed, as I remember it I was more
>negative when I was all-raw, as you repeatedly enjoyed pointing out. ;)

Maybe I didn't get the timeline right with you. There was a point when
Melisa left instincto, gave birth to a beautiful daughter, IIRC and
after a while you followed her (nutritionwise of course ;-) ).
>From then on you were more or less cynical when someone spoke about
the positive effects of instinctive nutrition.

Jean-Claude said this:
>If you are enthousiast to the present moment that is great , the problem
>arise when you get enthousiast for the future ( expecting certain outcomes
)
>or for ideas that might not hold their promises . the result often is a
>counterreaction of blocking the source of enthousiasm . And you end up
>sarcastic at the enthousiasm of others judmental and cynical.

Given your enthusiasm at the beginning of instincto - well even
longer,
for 7 years or so, I thought you might have run into just this
counter-
reaction. Is this even remotely plausable as a minor percentage possi-
bility? ;)

Have a good paleo time,

Stefan