RAW-FOOD  May 2000

RAW-FOOD May 2000

Re: Licorice

"karen kellock Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 9 May 2000 14:06:24 -0700

the two webcites are stop-eating.com, and jesus-diet.com.  Don't
forget what
billings says--all fruitarian "refugees"started out great--it works
marvelously
for months to years--that's the insidiousness of it.  the decline is
subtle
--oh so subtle!  and because of the ideology of it--which overtakes us
if we
desire purity and "high"ness--we can't ever attribute the failure to
thrive
to the diet.  I just kept telling myself:  "I'll fast more...I'll do
this,
I'll eat that..." Now as I look back, I can see a serious split with
my family,
with neighbors, colleagues, husband, friends, and the whole small town
I live in
now.  I was completely isolated due to hypersensitivity.  My immune
system failed
(don't forget--protein malnourishment is an immunosuppressant!).
Really the only
way you can tell is the LONGTERM effects, after twenty years.  the
short-term
effects of fruit cures are likely to be good. the point is us
twenty-year veterans
may have ruined our health for life--and we have yet to see the rest
of the damage.
Today I am getting so much protein its wonderful.  I used to always
have
to eat breakfast too--that's fruitarianism for you, always hungry--but
now,
a piece of cheese SATISFIES ME, REALLY SATISFIES--and I wake up
feeling so good,
with no need to eat until brunch time.  I eat a big tuna salad with
onions and
celery finely-diced, with 1/2 lemon, much olive oil (yum!), a little
lite salt
(need the potassium in it!) , a little parmesean cheese on top, some
olives.
Wow--I could tear down a mountain all afternoon!  then I follow it
with a few
pieces of provolone cheese. That's no more than 16 carbos for the day,
I'm in
solid ketosis, and that means energy without hunger.  I have no more
hunger the
rest of the day.  that means I'm a PALEO-FASTER, fasting for let's say
10 hours
a day, digesting/assimilating 4 hours. the French say post-meal cheese
digests
the meal, and I believe it now. Atkins says you will feel tired for a
week to
two weeks.  It took me four days to get in the swing. Incidentally,
its a twelve-
oz can of tuna (light) and maybe 6 oz of cheese for the day.  cheese
has more
protein than meat and doesn't involve slaughter so I love it.  also,
it keeps in
frig and is a marvelous monthly staple.  My dogs and cat enjoy it too,
and they
are thin, quick, wiry and sleek as steel.

You asked "what is fruitarianism"--
I would say the botanical definition is best--the flesh of seed
plants,
including non-sweet fruits like tomato, peppers, cucumber, avocado.
(incidentally, most fruitarians are addicted to avocado, as a protein
substitute; but, like myself, lose all taste for it when going to
animal
protein). Fruit is high-water, as completely different from dry nuts
and
beans which are only 10 % water--even meat is 75% water.
I prefer keeping everything high-water or the skin dries and ages.  My
skin
now, on the HIGH FAT AND PROTEIN (and only 16 CARBOS) is moist,
wrinkle-free,
shiny; and the muscles firm.  the skin problem was the major bad
indication
of the wrongfuolness of the fruit diet.  ITS ALL INDIVIDUAL, THAT'S
TRUE
--ALL WE CAN DO IS DESCRIBE WHAT TWENTY YEAR VETERANS HAVE GONE
THROUGH.
thank God for Tom Billings and his courageous break with the
"fruitarian party line."