LISTSERV mailing list manager LISTSERV 16.0

Help for RAW-FOOD Archives

   

RAW-FOOD Archives

RAW-FOOD Archives


RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG


View:

Message:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

Font:

Proportional Font

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

RAW-FOOD Home

RAW-FOOD Home

RAW-FOOD  May 2000

RAW-FOOD May 2000

Subject:

Re: Licorice

From:

Liza May <[log in to unmask]>

Date:

Thu, 18 May 2000 01:13:38 -0400

Content-Type:

text/plain

Parts/Attachments:

Parts/Attachments

text/plain (89 lines)

Mike,
> I'm trying to have a conversation with you
> and instead of a conversation, all my questions are referred to lengthy
> beyond veg detailed articles.

I'll speak for Tom here (and he'll correct me if I'm wrong). I think
that in replying to your questions Tom would only say the very same
things he has already said in various articles on beyondveg.

He is asking you politely to please spare him having to write the
same things yet again - things which he has written so very many
times before - and which are available for you to read, at your
convenience, on the site.

> As you say, by sticking to
> fruitarian dogma, long term problems can occur. I would guess that that is
> why the dairy has balanced things for you. This is not however, good
reason
> to drink milk IMO.

Maybe that is why the dairy is good for Tom, but maybe not. You
don't know anything about Tom's personal health problems, do you?
Why would you presume to know what Tom's specific needs are?

And let's say his reason for including dairy WAS in fact to remedy
some chemical imbalance. How do you reach the surprising conclusion
that his was "not a good reason?"

If it benefits his health, isn't that a good reason?

>
> The Atkins diet does not have a common sense theory behind it.

That is your opinion. In my opinion there is a lot of common sense
behind it. And many people have done well on the Atkins diet. Others
have not.

> If our primate relatives were all on
> the Atkins diet, it may be worth looking into! :)

Mike, we are not our primate relatives. We are human beings.

What do you make of the fossil finds last week, and the undisputed
evidence of eons of human meat-eating?

> I've looked into B12 though
> and my view is that .... The diet is not at fault.

You must educate yourself on the B12 issue. When you do so you will
find that you could possibly hurt yourself on your fruitarian diet
unless you take care to take supplemental B12 - and in some superior
form that is digestible. And Mike, the B12 article on the site is
not long or complicated enough for you to be refusing to read it.

 > what you feel is the healthiest
> diet for you at this time which says a lot to me. The fact that you rely
> heavily on sprouted seeds and drink milk tells me a lot.

Is that because you want to know what YOU should eat?

Why is it so very important to you to know what Tom eats?

> It seems to me that your
> stance is a perfect defence. "I just give the information".

Boy oh boy are you trying to get into some sort of argument!

Listen: Tom's "stance" as you call it is not a defense against you,
because he is not arguing with you.

Tom is JUST giving information.

Maybe the problem here is that you just didn't clearly understand
that.

> You have a lot
> of diet knowledge, your opinion matters and IMO should be given.

His opinion (which should be your own opinion too) is that every
person needs to make his or her own decision about what he or she
wants to eat. As Kirt said earlier, that IS Tom's opinion - but you
haven't understood that.

Do you understand it, now?

I certainly hope so!

Love Liza

Top of Message | Previous Page | Permalink

Advanced Options


Options

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password


Search Archives

Search Archives


Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe


Archives

August 2011
January 2009
April 2007
February 2007
January 2007
December 2006
November 2006
September 2006
August 2006
July 2006
June 2006
January 2006
October 2005
September 2005
August 2005
July 2005
June 2005
May 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005
December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
August 2004
July 2004
June 2004
May 2004
April 2004
March 2004
January 2004
December 2003
November 2003
October 2003
September 2003
August 2003
July 2003
June 2003
May 2003
April 2003
March 2003
February 2003
January 2003
December 2002
November 2002
October 2002
July 2002
June 2002
May 2002
April 2002
March 2002
February 2002
January 2002
December 2001
November 2001
October 2001
September 2001
August 2001
July 2001
June 2001
May 2001
April 2001
March 2001
February 2001
January 2001
December 2000
November 2000
October 2000
September 2000
August 2000
July 2000
June 2000
May 2000
April 2000
March 2000
February 2000
January 2000
December 1999
November 1999
October 1999
September 1999
August 1999
July 1999
June 1999
May 1999
April 1999
March 1999
February 1999
January 1999
December 1998
November 1998
October 1998
September 1998
August 1998
July 1998
June 1998
May 1998
April 1998
March 1998
February 1998
January 1998
December 1997
November 1997
October 1997
September 1997
August 1997
July 1997
June 1997
May 1997
April 1997
March 1997
February 1997
January 1997
December 1996
November 1996
October 1996
September 1996
August 1996
July 1996
June 1996
May 1996
April 1996
March 1996
February 1996
January 1996
October 1995
September 1995
August 1995
July 1995
June 1995
May 1995

ATOM RSS1 RSS2



LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Secured by F-Secure Anti-Virus CataList Email List Search Powered by the LISTSERV Email List Manager