RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Wynman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 16:27:56 -0400 (EDT)

<
 Kirt--

Thanks for your replies!

You write:  "Now, now, the basics of mammalian milk digestion are already in
our DNA and  need not be newly evolved, but simply switched on (or never
allowed to
 switch off?). Neogeny (or something like that meaning humans keep many
 infantile characteristics into adulthood) is exhibited in many other human
 characteristics--perhaps dairy isn't such a stretch for certain folks. It is
 for me, but so what, that's for me. I would argue that you won't be able to
 decide if it is useful for you until you try it and let your instinct
decide. As of now, you are using you neo-cortex to decide that it is not
 "original"--not terribly instinctive. And as devil's advocate: how
 "original" is a jewel sweet potato, a carrot, a Hass avo, or a Kent mango?"

MY COMMENT:  I acknowledge your two strong points:

1--Much (all?) of our available food choices are non-original foods for which
we must rely on neo-cortex avoidance (so what's left to eat?)

2--It doesn't  take much evolutionary adaptation (mebbe none) to switch on
our ability to digest human milk.  But does the ability to digest human milk
also provide the digestive facilities for other species' milk.  I gottta
doubt that one.

I got no answer to #1.  :-(