RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 20:30:10 EST
David,
>Andrew Weil, in his book,"Spontaneous Healing", says that peanuts (and
alfalfa >sprouts!) have high levels of naturally occurring toxins and
should be avoided or >consumed in small quantities(p.163). Anyone know
anything about this?

I've found Weil to be a none-too-reliable source of "information."  I
suspect he's referring to the pesky aflatoxin mold that likes to grow on
peanuts and is extremely toxic, even in small amounts.

>BTW, I did stop smoking last weekend. Its six days now. This is a big
deal for me.

Terrific!  I'm told that fasting or a high fruit diet (especially citrus)
a few weeks helps douse the cravings and clean out the crud.  Mind you,
this is not a suggestion for a permanent diet, just to get you over the
hump.  And by "high fruit" I mean percentage of intake (maybe 100%), but
I don't mean "lots of food."  The least amount of food you can eat during
this period, the better.  Another detoxing aid people have used is
fresh-squeezed lemon juice in water with a spoonful of honey added.
Ghandi used to "fast" on this beverage.

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])