RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 14:48:23 -0600
Jean-Louis:

> Are you sure?

Are you?

> By the way, even if it were true, I wouldn't care about eating an
> occasional soft-boiled egg: given the amounts of raw animal food I

What is the point of that? I consumed a lot of soft boiled (actually,
simmered) eggs in past months, and I find I feel much better eating them
raw. In my opinion, cooked eggs are very unnatural. And, ever notice how
much a cooked egg stinks - a sort of sulfurous stench - whereas a raw
one, has relatively little smell?

Your type of attitude sort of makes it sound like pasteurization was the
greatest thing since white bread! ;)

> ingest, I'm sure I get more protein than any raw vegetarian!

That's certainly nothing to brag about!

> I hope you won't be ruffled if I say you sound like me about two years
> ago and prior.

Keep in mind that I've been experimenting with raw, and previously for
over a year, with raw/cooked. Considering the fact that I'm only 21, and
that I've been "at this" for well over a year, that's pretty impressive.
I would think I would know what I'm talking about here, all things
considered.

Is it hard for you (and others on this list) to accept the fact that I
personally feel better eating all raw? Believe me, I've experimented. 0,
10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 95% raw... Lightly cooked,
thoroughly cooked, overly cooked, burnt, charred, different
combinations, et cetera, et cetera ... My body ultimately told me "no
more cooked". It's that simple. I'll listen to my own body and intuition
before I'll ever listen to others' "advice" or theories, or "proofs".

That can always change of course, as all things in the universe,
including us, are in a continual state of change. So, even if I were to
say this is set in stone, it wouldn't mean a whole lot, since even stone
changes.

But I have no plans on eating any cooked, regardless of what
http://www.beyondveg.com says, scientifically, anecdotal, or otherwise.

Next thing you know, we'll have science attempting to justify pizzas,
hamburgers, ice cream, etc... Actually, believe it or not, I saw
something a couple years back that tried to justify pizzas, and also tv
dinners, as being "healthful"! I'm not kidding. I wish I had the
articles...Two different ones.

And if Kirt thinks that what I've found for myself, to be "idealist",
and "wearing blinders" then so be it! That's great! Kind of an arrogant
thing for someone else to say about me though, to be honest.

> Have a nice week-end,

You too.

Wes