RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 18:13:47 -0800
Arjen,

Welcome to raw-food. Having read through the archives, you have seen how
this list has broadened its scope over the years. My own diet has broadened
with it. I have gone from raw vegan to fruitarian to RAF eater. Each change
has been good for me. You talk of evolution but realize that there are
those that say that our species is genetically engineered by aliens. Who
knows for sure. You seem to be trying intellectualize something that can
really only be felt. When I went from cooked omnivore to cooked vegan, my
body made the switch without any problems. Eight months later I met a woman
who talked to me about eating all raw. I thought about this for another six
months before I actually tried an all raw diet. This was a major shock to
my body. It took a couple of months before it stabilized. I went through
ravenous hunger and then tiredness with mucous pouring out. I tried
stopping but I realized that the changes had brought benefit so I continued
eating all raw. Only you can tell if your diet is working for you. How is
your energy, hunger, sleep patterns, eliminations? Do you get sick
frequently? How does it compare to other ways of eating? After not eating
meat for twelve years, I started eating raw fish once a week and then after
a year I started eating a lot of animal foods raw including dairy. I
immediately gained twenty pounds, mostly muscle. As a raw vegan I felt that
I had been doing well but once I had experienced the difference, I
understood that my body did best with meat. For what ever it is worth, I am
a blood type O. I know a number of others of other blood types that also do
better eating RAF. Whatever decision you make now is always changeable if
you see the need. My diet now is essentially a raw stone age (Paleolithic)
diet with occasional cooked foods. Our society has a phobia about germs and
other nasty things. All species seem to co-exist with them. Our immune
system usually will not let them get out of hand if we don't sabotage it.
Even the prions that are supposed to cause Mad Cow Disease are not
destroyed at cooking temperatures according to Howard Lyman, author of "Mad
Cowboy".

  A little list history. This list was originally named veg-raw when I took
it over as listowner over five years ago.  I was a raw vegan who had
finally become a fruitarian. I was a little surprised that Tom Billings was
no longer a fruitarian because I thought that I had found the perfect diet.
As time passed I understood why he had changed. We started getting a few
subscribers that were raw animal food eaters mostly from the Instincto
movement. At a certain point we decided to change the name to reflect its
broader makeup. We wanted to have this be a general raw list but many of
the vegan true believers did leave. This was before beyondveg but all of
its contributors are/were subscribers here.