RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Jöst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 11:14:10 +0200
Hi Renga,

you wrote:
>I had mercury amalgum filling in my lower molars on both sides of my
mouth.
>One of them partially came off a week ago.

Hurry up! Damaged amalgam fillings are very dangerous! You are in high
danger of getting a mercury intoxification!

>I thought this is a good time to
>remove all mercury stuff and replace with non-metallic fill. When I met
the
>Dentist this wednesday, she said that she couldn't simply do a fill;
instead
>she needed to do root canal on both molars;

Oh yes, dentists almost always say such things.
Just friday I went to a dentist (the first time after 4 years) to have
a cement filling made. The old filling has fallen out when I ate honey
in the comb. He told me that he would do some anesthetisia for the
tooth.
I asked why. And he said he had to drill. I refused that und wanted
just
a filling. This was refused by him without giving any reasons.
So that session ended without something done.
I went to a dental store, bought dental cement and did the filling on
my own. Yeah! My first filling!

Just ask other dentists if it is really necessary to do a root canal.
If your dentist talked about a root canal without knowing how deep the
existing filling is, she was committing a fraud. But I guess she had
an X-Ray or something? Or could see how deep the filling is because
most of it is already fallen out?

>Is there any
>raw-food approach to this problem?

No.