RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
LIFE F0RCE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 15:39:34 EDT
David:
<< Dr. Gonzalez claims that a person's diet it largely dictated by which
nervous system (sympathetic or parasympathetic) dominates in a person.  For
example, parasympathetic dominant people need red meat as much as three
times per day, according to Dr. Gonzalez. >>

<< It is absolute insanity to suggest that the whole human species, as
different as it is, could be put on one diet......There is no way one diet
is suitable for everybody.>>

Hi David! Thanks for the thoughtful post.

I've never heard of Dr. Gonzalez, but in my opinion the second paragraph
quoted above is an excellent desciption of the main flaw in almost all
"theories" about diet. In fact, my problem with the _first_  paragraph above
is precisely the fact that dividing the entire population into two grossly
generalized groups seems ridicuously simplistic.

There are just such an enormous number of factors influencing each person's
unique constitution, that it makes no sense to me at all to try to
generalize. It has been my experience that some people do well on meat,
some do not, and I haven't noticed any real correlation with personality "type."
Dr. Gonzalez's theory reminds me a little of the Ayurvedic approach, using doshas
to help determine diet.

Love, Liza
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)