RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 19:38:43 -0800
Hi Frank,

Frank Wuts wrote:
> Which would be a better rotation method, eating different types of food
> each day, or eating the same food for a week and then switch to another.

I am not an expert about allergies, but I can tell you that I had two of
my patients with food allergies on the following and it worked quite
successfully.  Eat one food no more than 2-3 days in a row; then do not
repeat that food again for a minimum of 4 days.  Avoid all the foods
which you know don't agree with you for a minimum of 90 days; avoid all
refined, processed and manufactured foods.  When re-introducing a new
food or a food which you know you don't react well to, eat it only once
in small or moderate amounts, in only one meal and allow 4 days to pass
again.  If there is an adverse reaction, stay away again for another
60-90 days.  If you don't notice adverse reactions, you can probably
start including it into your usual routine foods, again with rotation.
Sometimes even with this method people just cannot eat certain foods -
dairy, wheat and chicken eggs are common natural foods that people just
don't tolerate well, that I have seen.

Once you have a fairly large number of foods you can eat comfortably,
you can eat them quite a few days in a row before staying away from them
again.  Hope this helps.  If you try this, any feedback you have for me
would be interesting to me and appreciated.

regards,
roberta