RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Janis Callen Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:54:56 -0500
Your reciipe sounds great Roberta  I'm thinking of trying something similar
with unsweetened bakers chocolate, maybe mixing it with some coconut oil and
honey.  Mmmm

Just wanted to add to this discussion that I've heard that chocolate
cravings are often the body's cry for more magnesium.  I believ e it is the
caffeine in the chocolate as well as the sugar that produces the symptoms of
nervousness, craziness, excitability.  It would be interesting for sensitive
individuals to experiment with just plain sugar, or just plain caffeine, to
see if either alone produced a similar response, or if the two had to work
synergistically.  In either case, they produce a stimulation of the adrenals
nd excite the sympathetic nervous system.

I often feel chocolate cravings, and it is ALWAYS when something
energetically is happening that is blocking the free flow of energy through
my body (in my case, I have a tendency to get tight inside to avoid feeling
fear and other emotions).  If I have the self-discipline to work directly
with the energy flow and the emotional blockage, the craving dissipates and
I crave instead yoga or exercise or meditation or raw carrots, etc--
whatever my body needs to come back into balance.  If I am stressed and
unwilling to take care of myself, I indulge in chocolate, and then have to
deal with the energy block later, if not the same day, the next time it
comes up even more strongly.

Janis