RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 19:54:22 -0800
Jean-Louis Tu wrote:
>  -Some animals live in community, and experienced members can recognize
> poisonous foods. Whenever a rat recognize a food that had caused problems, it
> defecates on it so that no other member of the herd eats that food.

I notice that when my cat doesn't like a food, he paws on the floor as if
to try and bury it. Sometimes, only a few hours later he will eat the
same food.

Your post gives me lots to think about. I gather that you don't think
that instinctive eaters, after a while, have a better (by taste) ability
to avoid toxins? I am wondering why some Instinctos have been poisoned,
eg. Zephyr by the mongoose liver? Had his tastes not really become acute
enough to detect a poison, or are some poisons tastless.

 What bothers me is.. if after a few bites of cabbage it tastes bitter to
me, and I want no more, why would it be good for me cooked? Shouldn't I
chose another veggie? Is the idea of cooking a compromise because we
don't live in the Garden of Eden, and it's a way of getting some more
nutrients even though there may be some toxins as a result of cooking. Is
the issue not that Instinctive Eating of raw foods is wrong in theory,
but just that it is impractical?

My best, Ellie