RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Jöst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:00:57 +0200
Gary said:
>I was just joking, pretending to not be clear headed.
>I understand what you were saying.

Good. Just add a smiley like this:    :-)
and I'll know you are not serious.

>What I meant was - not you, but when proto-humans ate fish - presumably
with
>primitive tools, how easy and efficient would that have been to acquire
and
>eat (scales, bones, etc)?  Or is this not relevant to you?

The question is relevant of course. If our ancestors didn't eat fish
how could I recommend it today?
To answer the question: yes, our ancestors had access to seafood.
First
of all they scavenged it. Sick fish are moving to the coast and dying
there.
The skin of fish can be cut with a sharp stone. It's quite easy.

Second, especially in the last ice time our ancestors went hunting.
You can hunt fish by using a spear.
After having the fish cut open and removal of the intestines you can
just start eating. It's so easy. No preparation time. Remember the
working time when you cooked fish? ;-)

Of course not every dead fish lying around was eatable. If it's too
old maybe it's more an opportunity for the hyenas or similar animals.
But interestingly healthy humans have a wide spectrum of "ripeness"
for animal foods, i.e. if you are healthy enough you can even eat
fish which is so aged that sick people would die of it.

Personally I have observed that I could eat older and older fish the
longer I practiced raw nutrition. The first aged fish gave me a
histamine reaction (not so nice). This never happened again.

>Interesting.  I wonder if it's the mercury.  I have mercury in my dental
>fillings that may be affecting me, but I haven't been ill since becoming a
>raw food eater (2 years - amazing) and have great energy.

You can still increase your health and energy if you remove these
toxic fillings. You should seek a good dentist who knows the pro-
blems of removal and uses all required protection devices.
Note that you should put cement fillings into the holes first, not
gold
or another metal. Your body needs to excrete the stored metals and
putting in new metals immediately, will prevent it from doing this.
So you might use cement fillings for 1-4 years and then change to
a permanent (and less toxic than amalgam) solution.

>What other foods
>do your instincts move you to eat?  All raw?

My foods are slowly changing over the year. Currently I like apricots,
grapes, blueberries and durian (tropical fruit) for my noon meal.
In the evening I frequently have avocados, macadamia nuts and
olives (unsalted, unspiced).

>Do you find that you digest raw meat well?

It's not perfect yet. I still detoxify some stuff when I eat
raw meat. Since meat and fish contain sulphuric aminoacids and
sulphur detoxifies mercury it's not difficult to guess, what
comes out in my case. :-\
Perfect digestion would mean: obstipation after a meal of meat
only, i.e. you absorb it completely. Remember that meat doesn't
contain fibers so it's 100% absorbable.

Best regards,

Stefan