RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:08:13 -0700
Lucia,

>this is a wonderful story, Mark. I hope you don't mind my asking, was it
>painful?

Passing the tumor was not unbearably painful.  But psychologically it
was
very upsetting to have several episodes of blood in the urine over the
course of a couple of weeks, followed by this strange mass of
something
coming out.  Then, when the doctor called and told me it was
cancerous, I
experienced a considerable amount of fear and dread, because I knew I
didn't want surgery, but I was also worried about the possibility of
becoming incontinent, or even dying.  The only truly physically
painful
part of the whole ordeal was the cystoscopy test, where they inserted
solid glass catheter with a tiny camera into my urinary tract all the
way
to the bladder.  As painful as it was, though, I am glad I had  it
done,
because when the results came back my fears vanished.  But never
again!

Mark