RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Maynard S. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:06:39 -0400
At 08:06 PM 10/9/00 +0200, Stefan J=F6st wrote:
>Donald Jacobs wrote:
> >How many people who eat only raw foods smoke?
>
>Nearly none in my experience.
>I personally do not know one single smoker who eats all raw.

Nor do I.

>And several smokers have observed that their desire
>to have a cigarette faded quickly after they turned to raw nutrition.
>Others said that the cigarette just startet to taste very bad - so they quit.
>
>In other words:
>Cooked food turns you into a junkie - not only nutritionwise.

That may be true, and it seems consistent with what
I have observed with others.

In other words, shifting towards RAW foods veganism
might be a really healthful path for people who want
to clean themselves out.

However, I wonder why we don't see raw foods associated
with any spiritual paths, other than with Christianity,
as in the Hallelujah Diet (and some Catholic priests privately).
www.HAcres.com

At the same time, I see frequently at the macrobiotics conferences
(which I haven't attended for ten years) attempts to justify the
macrobiotics in religious terms because of its benefits and
the promises or concerns of religious faith.
(Usually these are done by folks with some scholarly or pious
interest and strong, outgoing personalities, who have "a message"
of some sort.)

Isn't Macrobiotics imported from Taoism?
I remember John ___, recovered terminal brain cancer patient,
explored the Wigmore approach (wheatgrass), then attended
Bible study at a Baptist church after he turned to macrobiotics,
then discovered that his brain cancer was in remission, which
he attributed "severally" to macrobiotics, prayer, faith,
and the discontinuation of animal products, etc.

In any case, BOTH approaches claim that humans with cancer
have enjoyed seeing their cancerous growths go into remission.
Anything that works is fertile ground for giving credit to
supernatural
agency.  I would think that clergyman and religious advocates
would "run, not walk" to veganism, since the potential benefits
are SO great for praying people (and others).

Brown rice and the grace of God or organic vegetable juices and the
grace of God