RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 17:47:29 GMT
>>Rich Pattison wrote:
>> How about we give it a fresh start and
>>introduce ourselves so we have some idea of where we're coming from.

I live in a high-rise in Manhattan, and work in another high-rise.
I've been here for a loooong time.

I sometimes think of moving to a prettier place with a milder climate, but
I haven't figured out where that would be.  Of course it would have to have
lots of musicians and artists living there, and restaurants with inventive
chefs talented in raw foods recipes as well as cooked vegan ones.

I eat some cooked foods, but I believe raw ones are the most healthful.
Socially, it's hard enough being a vegan, let alone a raw foods one.  The
people I work with think I have weird eating habits, because I'm not
interested in their donuts, pizza, etc.

I'm really glad this list exists.  Before I went on a business trip to
Washington, D.C., I called someone from this list who lives there. We met
in D.C. and he took me to a restaurant with an incredible salad bar: a huge
variety of foods, some exotic, like chayote.

I look forward to hearing who we all are.  I have a job editing technical
newsletters, and on the side, I'm producing and directing an episode of
Seinfeld that I wrote.  It will be a demo of my writing/directing.