RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Clingman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 23:57:03 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Peter wrote:

> Quiz: What
> do Aajonus, Bruno and Ronald have in common. Answer: Their attitude to
> parasites which they, depending on the circumstances, believe  are
> either harmless or have a beneficial, healing effect on the body.

What is this based on?  Is there any scientific type evidence backing this
up?

This statement also indicates that they think you can/will get parasites
from eating RAF but that they are not harmful as opposed to thinking that
you will not get parasites.

Personally the main thing preventing me from eating things like raw meat
is concern about parasites.  I don't know if I'd be eating 2-3 pounds of
it every day if this were resolved but would feel more open about
trying it.

Similarly with seafood.  I don't really have much of an ethical problem
with eating sashimi.  But I do start thinking about all the pollution in
the rivers and ocean and then decide maybe its not such a great idea.
Pollutants can really accumulate in the larger fatter (and tastier) fish
like tuna and mackeral.  Add the possibility of getting fish parasites and
I usually pass.

Any comments?

Michael