RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 18:49:21 EST
Vicki, Barbara (I think), others who have commented on use of the word
extreme:

<< Consider the fact that 99.999% of all living organisms on this planet are
100% raw eaters -- are they all extreme too? >>

I don't think this now famous statement was meant to be any sort of opinion or
condemnation of raw food eating.  I think the word was only used to describe
the view that society and the average Joe takes towards any of the special
diets mentioned (I think vegan, paleo, raw, RAF were some mentiioned). I don't
believe this was meant to include the animal world, or even to be a sentence
of much importance at all really - just a brief adjective in passing about the
way most people see restricted diets.  If I remember correctly, the post was
actually about an entirely different topic.

(Jean Louis, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Love Liza May ([log in to unmask]).