RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 05:24:43 -0800
Sandy Rzetelny wrote:

> PS I have had a hair analysis done recently. I am high in aluminum.

As you know I was high in nickel and aluminum.

The lab where I was tested suggests for aluminum-- baking powder and
processed cheese, table salt and some seasonings, some antacids, peptic
ulcer medicines, pickles and marashino cherries, alum-treated white
flour, alkaline foods cooked in aluminum cookware, tap water (alum is
used to kill bacteria), pesticides residues on foods, and soils exposed
to acid rain.

for nickel--external hair contamination with nickel may be caused by the
use of hair bleach, permanents, or dyes. (I wonder if these don't also
get into the body during the procedure)--also exposure to tobacco smoke,
workplace environment, dental fillings,(I've asked a neighboring dental
student to get me a list of all metals) and air polllution from coal and
oil burning.

I have a Waterwise distiller and will ask them if they check their water
for minerals. I doubt if it's surgical stainless. According to my lab,
low levels of nickel are not toxic, whereas low levels of lead, mercury,
and cadmium are toxic.

I also have been using a clay cat litter that is dusty and I'm switching
to a brand made of newspaper. I'll get retested in a few months. I've
started taking some cassia again and noticed a slight metalic taste. I
was also putting my distilled water in an Au Bon Pain coffe jug to keep
in the bathroom at night and it developed a slight unpleasant taste,
though not metalic.

Is there any end to this. I begin to wonder if I shoulln't just trust my
body is doing it's best to detox and keep me healthy. Maybe I should let
go of my paranoia..:-)

My best, Ellie