RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 06:36:16 -1000
Mark:
>But if you're the one being speculated about, especially in a negative
>way, you probably wouldn't like it very much.  I guess I'm a
>old-fashioned prude, but I still believe in things like the Golden Rule.

Perhaps you should share these sentiments with jr ellis. ;)

>I think we would all benefit tremendously if, each time we read a post
>from someone, we read it as if the person were completely unknown to us.
>Then we will find that we can learn an amazing amount even from people
>we thought had nothing to teach us.

This sounds very warm and fuzzy but it is not really very social at
all
IMO. People do have a past and being accountable to it is not a
"wrong"
thing. Nor is it all that much of a limiting thing really.

An open mind is OK as long as its not a complete seive, eh?

>Carol:
>Let's not confuse licenses, credentials, accreditation,
>etc. etc. with the value of someone's knowledge.  One does not
>*necessarily* have any bearing on the other.

I guess the problem is when the individuals promote the confusion by
putting a Dr. before their name. Cashing in on such a tactic to appear
more credible is pretty low IMO. If their knowledge is so "elevated"
why would they do such a thing. Integrity again.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft