RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 23:06:06 -0700
Kirk, Welcome to the list. I am Peter and live in Santa Monica, CA. A
vegetarian for many years, I have been on a raw, vegan diet since last
Summer. I will be helping to moderate this list, which is going through
some restructuring and soon will be back to normal. I found your post
very interesting and have a few questions for you. Q: Do you feel any
improvement in your health, when you are eating instinctively rather
than just eating 'regular' raw foods? Q: How soon after beginning to
eat instinctively, did you start eating meat? Q: Are you, in your
opinion, any healthier from eating it? Q: Did you begin to crave it, or
did you start eating it, because you thought it might be good for you?
Q: When you periodically eat more meat or fish like in Peru, is that
because there is nothing better available to you, or do you find that
need more of it under certain conditions and if so, what are they?
Q: How much of your meat do you catch or kill yourself? Q: Do you ever
eat your meat fermented, and if so how advanced is it? Q: Over a year
what percentage of your calories are from animal origin? Q: Do you have
any qualms about eating meat, ethically or ecologically?  Q: If you do
not eat insects, is it because you do not crave them, or do you believe
that it is your psychological conditioning that is preventing you from
eating them?

Best regards, Peter  [log in to unmask]