RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 07:22:11 -1000
Peter:
>NFL has in a private email informed me that I can be held liable for
>infringement of copyright law for posting paragraphs of their book to the
>raw-food list without their permission.

>I responded: "You are allowed to legally copy & copyright virtually all of
>"Raw Eating" and help yourself to Phillip Johnson's book in both cases
>without any permission and in the case of your book for profit but I cannot
>quote a few selected passages in a private non-profit forum as Raw-food
>without being threatened by a lawsuit?  I am dead serious, if this is true,
>please educate me as the last thing I want to do is to get in trouble with
>the law. "

>Comment: I have not received any response from NFL so I have educated

Great post, again, Peter. NFL seems to be licking its wounds.

I must admit to a bit of jealousy here. I never got threatened by a lawsuit
from NFL :( That would look good a fellow's raw resume. Perhaps when I get
together my copies of NFL and the iranian's book I can compare a few
paragraphs online and then I, too, will be party to a lawsuit threat. Heck,
lets spread it out: if everyone subbed to this list posted their favorite
plagiarized paragraph in NFL then wethreekings could sue _everyone_. Kind
of a class action suit ;)

Actually, I am surprised NFL hasn't sued all the cooked food eaters in the
world--after all they cause all the war and other nasty stuff. Ah, but the
cooked food jurors would be blinded by their evil addictions...

Cheers,
Kirt