RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:23:52 -0400
Lisa:
> I had a similar experience when temporarliy switching to cooked food out of
> an emergency situation where I wasn't able to get raw .  I was out of town
> and had to eat a muffin(had milk products in it, also) and I had an asthma
> attack, broke out and felt terrible.  Since then, I allow myself a percentage
> of cooked a week, always taking vegetable enzymes with my cooked.  I don't
> have a reaction to cooked anymore, just a feeling of bloatedness, which
> quickly dissipates when the enzymes take effect.

> Is this raw road the all-or-nothing road, or can you meet it 75%?  I feel
> good, look good, and my digestive system is working well.

Hi Lisa.  Believe me I am NOT complaining about my reactions to cooked;
just pointing out that they do seem to exist.  I haven't had anything
cooked to eat for four months now, not to mention that my taste buds
haven't had more than a single raw food thrown at them at any one
instance, and all this has had an absolutely great effect on me.  I
wouldn't be doing it otherwise.  The only problems that I do come across
are those which I cannot avoid and are beyond my control.  But
ultimately, my tremendous senstivity to foods and the overall
environement in which I live will have me move away from my current
location, to whatever place is best for my health and well-being.
It is all such a small price to pay for what I get in return; and I think
I'm only starting to enjoy and see the benefits.