RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 12:43:31 -0800
aloha zephyr!
		i too have your book!  (did you get the 2nd check?)  i
loved it, as did various raw-minded friends who peeked through the pages.
 	i met mark mason when he came through santa cruz recently, and he
told me a bit of his time at pangaia.  despite a number of fun days
showing each other our tree network (figs! avocados! persimmons!), he felt
the cold and missed hawaii.  he told me tales of orange beards from mango
munching, fruit falling freely, and a new variety of avocado in every back
yard.  he left here for santa barbara, where he has many more tree crop
connections (cherimoyas!), a pit stop before hitting the arizona commune
scene.  mark ate mostly instincto.  before i met mark my only experience
with anopsology came from _eating instinctively on earth: an autobiography
and guidebook_ by zephyr, then _instinctive nutrition_ by severen
schaeffer, and most recently veg-raw & nhm2m.
	mark watched day by day as i checked the mail for my sample issue
of ward's exciting _the natural hygiene many-to-many_.  when i finally
ripped open the october issue (#27), mark & i spent the next few days
handing it back & forth, or poring over the living lore simultaneously.
his friend from hawaii, forest, wrote in with legible handwriting,
adressing some veg-raw'ers in his letter (bob avery, chet day, sandy
labedz, take a bow!).  of the three new active participants, two hailed
from our group (kirt nieft & meredith westfall), unless mary-louise burt
lurks on the list.  i love the m2m and urge everyone to send at least $5
(payable to ward nicholson) to 232 s. belmont, wichita, ks 67218-1304.
	nhm2m: a great thanksgiving conversation piece!  think of those
samples for xmas gifts!  or channukha, kwanzaa, solstice, what-have you?
i just like to worship the tree without cutting it down.  our species
needs rooting, grounding, connection to the earth, and refraining from
slicing trees en masse from their darker side would help reframe the
holiday.  how about buying a living tree and planting it after the
festivities, in the yard or at a site specially selected and managed for
such a purpose.  celebrate mass reforestation!  (how many varieties of
xmas tree can we use to avoid monocropping?)  sorry for the early
discussion of that insane time of year fast approaching.  i can ramble
here and feel safe.  i'll try to flex my editing muscles a bit more when i
create my nhm2m intro letter.
	quick poll:  do you experience my lack of capitalization
				a) positively
				b) negatively
				c) neutrally
	i welcome any other comments on how to improve my communication
skills in general, especially before midnight on december 1, m2m deadline!

	still there, zephyr?  if so, let me know if the rumour that you
now go by the name "ano" has any validity.  and do both these contact
points still work?

		zephyr			zephyr
		c/o pangaia		c/o boyar
		pahoa, hi 96778		box 426
		(808) 965.6069		93067-0426

	deborah boyar submitted to the nhm2m six sides (12 m2m "pages") of
the summer 1996 issue of the price-pottenger nutrition foundation's health
journal (volume 20, #2), available from:

		ppnf
		2667 camino del rio south #109
		san diego, ca
		92108-3767

	congratulations, kirt, for making it through all 26 previous
issues of the m2m.  i hope to treat myself to that when circumstances
unfold to permit such sweet indulgence.  chet day's health & beyond has me
tempted as well.  i need to enroll in a hygienic college, instincto
institute, or an international essene educational network.  tips?
	hey bob avery!  thanks for making me feel warm & fuzzy, much like
sandy & meredith & others on this list who show such lovingkindness.  hope
most of you didn't experience _the creation_ as too long.  thus far, i've
only received encouragement.

jai mahapralaya,
		bodhi tree