RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Eric (Ric) Lambart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 18:57:01 -0800 (PST)
>I have no information on this from the goat dairy I mentioned in my post.
>That dairy lets you visit them - something I intend to do when I have time
>(perhaps this Summer?).  I will certainly ask about the disposition/status of male
>goats born on the farm.

Tom,

Good luck.  Hope you can visit the dairy this Summer.

Ric said:
>>But, Tom, if you enjoy the milk...which I did...I understand.  It's easy
>>for me to remember how I felt.  I quit.  You may never quit...and certainly
>>shouldn't...unless you find good reason to do so.  I imagine you'd at least
>>make a lot of cows and goats, especially the males, much happier!  :)

>As mentioned above (by Tom), I avoided dairy for years, went back to it
>and found it a health-positive thing.

If, with all the multitude of variable in the dynamic of your metabolic
doings in the equation, you feel the small amount of dairy is doing you
some benefit, who the heck in their right mind would want to argue with
you.  On the other hand, if you've somehow overlooked some other
contributing factor to your improved health subsequent to taking in the
dairy, then your conclusion might be faulted.  But, then you know that, so
nothing for me to really add here.

>I would not defend a dairy's mistreatment of male
>animals

Of course, Tom, you are applauded by this poster on that account.

> - however, I would point out that organic farmers do not have clean
>hands either (their lands are former animal habitat, the animals forcibly
>evicted; they also spray with so-called 'natural' pesticides, which can
>harm small animals). The world is not perfect, and I don't expect dairy
>producers to be perfect, any more than I expect organic farmers to be
>perfect. That said, I do think dairy producers should treat their animals in a
>humane manner.

Amen to all the above.

>I still have not decided whether to post the file mentioned in my previous
>post(s), or to work on it to make it better. The current file is nice and
>concise - a little over 100 lines, but plenty of additional information could
>be added to it. This weekend, beginning with today (Friday) will be super
>hectic for me, so I won't have a chance to work on it for a while. Anyway,
>will think about that some more.

I'll be looking forward to your sharing the completed file when you're ready.

Cheers,

Ric