RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 14:17:40 -0400
 Tom:
> The above should read "This might put you on a schedule of, in effect, a
> breakfast and a DINNER but no LUNCH." The point being that such a schedule
> misses the time of day/opportunity to eat around noon, when your digestive
> fire is strongest. Sorry for any confusion in the original post.

Is there any truth in thinking that digestion will be best after
elimnination of previous meal then?  I've been trying to eliminate before
eating for the  past few days and the results aren't very conclusive at
this point.  it seems that if I wait until I eliminate in the morning, it
will usually happen around 1-2pm.  By that time, I feel somewhat weak and
hungry.  If I have a fruit lunch around 1pm after eliminating, I find the
digestion is smoother and I seem to get much more out of that fruit
meal.  In fact, I then only have something small (an egg or a yam) in the
evening.  But again, it usually happens around 1-2pm, and waiting this
long poses a problem to me ocasionally (I don't necessarily feel the
hunger - still trying to figure out what this sensation is exactly) as I
feel weak and my first instinctive reaction is to get to food.

I'm sure there is a connection between elimination and
digestion/assimilation.  I am instinctively inclined to wait and
eliminate before I eat.  But again, I'm not sure whether the mechanism of
elimination is such that the latter does occur NECESSAIRLY prior to the
body's need for more food or whether the previous meal (especially if
relatively small) will be stored for later elimination.
To be very honest, I haven't felt REAL hunger in weeks.  Almost as if I
have no need for food.  I am still under some of the conditioning that
food is absolutely necessary and in certain minimal quantities each day,
but I don't think it's the case really.  Soon enough, I'll experiment
with eating only when TRUE hunger comes.  I suspect then that my food
intake will be extremely small and that elimination WILL precede the
hunger sensation in ALL cases.  I claim that it is so by our very
design.