RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 18:49:24 -0700
 Ellie
> >I'm not sure what this all means. I get the same results with dates, with
> >and without fat, and am still experimenting a bit. From what I understand
> > Aajonus thinks that honey will remove old glycogen and improperly
> >assimilated yet stored sugars from storage in the body and the raised
> >sugar level is not directly the honey, he says that fats eaten with honey
> >provide fats to bind with the poor quality sugars for elimination. He
> >also says fat and honey slow digestion of everything and often prevent
> >old sugar detox. In others, he says,  this combo provides the protein to
> >utilize sugar without the level soaring. He says processed sugars can
> >paralyze the pancreas. Fats eaten with sugar provide a buffer that
> >mitigates sugar irritation of the pancreas, allowing the pancreas to more
> >properly function, that is, creating insulin to facilitate sugars.

Sidney:
> I find this information remarkable the mixture of honey and raw fish and
> it's affect on the metabolism. I wonder if this same effect would obtain
> with broiled fish as well? The emphasis it appears to be just with honey
> and fats but evidently did not work with the honey/avocado mixture. I would
> be interested to see whether or not you would be in ketosis. If you could
> take a urine or serum  ketones test at the same time you take your glucose
> tolerance or urine glucose test to see if there is any corollation. This
> would be a good indicator of some type of fat/glycogen metabolism.  You say
> this same effect is with dates eaten with or without fats? How can I get in
> touch with Mr.Aajonus?

Have you read Aajonus Vonderplanitz' book, We Want To Live? He has hadremarkable
results with cancer patients and diabetics using high fatty
raw animal food along with low fruits, and lots of honey. The Paleo diet
and Robert Atkins diet are similar, but cooked meats, and I think in the
long term dangerous because of AGE's. Aajonus' book can be purhased at
1-800-266-5564. He is at Optimal Ways of Living, P.O. Box 176-47, Santa
Monica, CA 90406-0176.

I do not think I am in ketosis, but will check it out if I experiment
again. One avacodo has much less fat than the 2 mackerels I ate and
probably did not slow the digestion as much as the fatty mackerel. I find
 one TBS either olive oil or cod liver oil have about the same effect on
my blood sugar, ie. it does not go up as high as with sugar alone, but
higher than with the very fatty mackerel. I suspect cooked fat would also
slow digestion, but I'm not into eating cooked fat. I am not sure if
Aajonus' theory is more than speculative. I haven't heard any
documentation or biochemical correlation that supports
it. But it is intriguing and fits the theory of toxicosis and that
symptoms of disease are usually detox processes. I think the evidence for
me will be if in a year or so, 4 TBS of honey does not cause my blood
sugar to rise as high because I am no longer detoxing old mutant sugars.
I have been eating raw fatty animal food along with dates and honey for
about two years, but it may take a lot longer to heal from years of a
sugar addiction and pancreatic damage.

My best, Ellie