RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:16:18 -0500
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 02:33:02 -0800, boat1400 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it ok to chop up raw corn and just munch on that?
>
> I am new to the whole raw food thing, and am trying to
> ease my way into it, and get off the horrible diet I have
> been on all my life. My brother is helping me & encouraging
> me
> to do this!
>
> I went to the organic store, the one that sells the
> corn from a bushel looking thing, and I weighed out
> a bag of it, and here are my questions:
>

> 1.) do I need to wash the corn in any way, or can
> I just put it in the grinder and kind of grind it down
> and munch on it as a snack? (it tastes prett good raw!)

I eat it raw off the cob every year, in season. I've also eaten baby corn,
the ears are maybe 3 inches long or less.
Just shuck and eat.

> 2.) if I have to wash it, won't this destroy all the
> 'living' things in it, like enzymes (and other things
> we haven't discovered yet).

Washing is OK, but not needed unless it has become somehow "dirty". To0 me
this means sprayed with some chemical such as fungicides, common in the
food industry.

> 3.) is raw corn even considered healthy, or should
> I start out with something like fruit or tomatos
> (i.e. something with squishy juice inside it
> like tomatos).

No. Corn is a cereal grain. All cereal grains are bad for us. Most fruits
contain too much sweet, this feeds the overgrowth of yeast/mold/fungus
that most of us have.

> 4.) Am I right to say that anything a person does to
> the corn, like cooks it or steams it or whatever, kills
> the 'living' part of the corn? Thats the theory, right,
> that these foods straight from the vine to your stomach,
> have lots of enzymes and things that are really healthy
> for you?

You got it.

> Any comments would be most appreciated.

I would wish you good luck with this, however we make our luck, and you
shall see it for yourself.
Life gets better with the paleolithic diet.

Wassail

--
Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.