RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 09:45:52 -0700
>Sounds like you've got a good attitude about it.  I asked about the
>vegetarianism because I've seen many people go from raw vegan to
>cooked vegan when they start feeling that something isn't quite right.
>Personally, I think that this is a mistake.  I think that if one is
>fiddling with one's diet for health reasons, the second step should
>be adding raw meats and/or eggs.  Just seems the second most natural
>group of foods (after fruits, veggies, and seeds; I'm not into grains
>that need soaking or cooking to be palatable).  If that didn't do the
>trick, I would consider adding dairy (though if my meat or egg sources
>were questionable, I might well add raw milk first; at least in my
>area, a raw milk supplier that I trust is easier to find than trust-
>worthy sources of meat or eggs).  I would add grains only as a last
>resort.
>
>I realize that such a scheme would go against your rule #1, but I'm
>of the opinion that listening to one's body includes listening to
>one's brain.  I think a plan of action can be helpful in situations
>such as yours, but of course, it's up to you.  :)

which brain does Alex have to listen to ? just teasing! my brain tell
me
that your brain is thinking wisely. i totally agree with your
hierarchy
of foods. i will keep dairy  and grain as a last resort and cooked
items
as the very last . in Animals products , i will privilege the most
accessible (at least in nature, in the store might be different) eggs,
insects; shellfishs, crabs and shrimps over Tuna; birds , reptiles,
and
small mamals over big  mamals etc... but it is my brain!
jean-claude